Search This Blog

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Community Helper Freebie

We are getting ready to begin our unit on Community Helpers.  Since this is my first year in kindergarten I have been getting to start all over making new center activities and learning the standards for a new grade level.  It has been a great journey so far.  I love each day with my precious kinders.  Granted some days are harder than others but I feel at home in kindergarten.  I wanted to share a freebie with you as well as some the centers my students will be using this week.

Some great bloggers have helped ease me into kindergarten with their great ideas and products.  This week my students will be using Mrs. Lee's community helper centers to practice some skills that we have been learning in our classroom.  Her center ideas are wonderful.  You can see her great community helpers centers here.

You can also purchase her unit here.

This week we will be reading books about community helpers and discussing their jobs.
I created this emergent reader to use during this unit as well.  Grab a copy by clicking on the picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment